Saturday, October 25, 2008

Claire the Congested Kitty Cat

Claire has a miserable cold this weekend (bonus: with a fever) but since Old Navy was selling costumes for $5 and she has a Halloween party at school next Friday, guess where we went? The idea of a duck, frog or bee went straight out the window thanks to the sale, of course. Claire could not have cared less. I thought the cat outfit was much better than poodle or bat.

So this is our miserably congested cat in her first try-on of the costume. She was watching a Backyardigans, so I could have put her in pretty much anything. She dealt with it for a little bit, but the thing is HOT, so once she started cooking it was time for the thing to go. Luckily it velcro's on/off like a little jacket, nothing over the head, so she can strip it off herself easily. The pants with the feet slowed her down a bit, which was funny. I had to help with that.

In addition to the Halloween party on Friday, her school moved their Halloween festival to Nov. 1 since it rained all day today, so she'll hopefully have two opportunities to wear this. Her daycare is affiliated with a local private school that also owns 3 daycares, so they are having a festival for all the schools. Might be fun if she can get and stay well for a week or so. "They" keep telling me her immune system will benefit from this. I hope so.

No comments: